For 2021, Harley-Davidson and Rockford Fosgate brought a new level of motorcycle audio performance to the MoCo’s lineup. The all-new components comprise an advanced, high-performance audio system. One featuring speakers and amplifiers designed specifically for Harley-Davidson motorcycles.
Harley-Davidson Audio powered by Rockford Fosgate is featured on the 2021 CVO Street Glide and CVO Road Glide models. It’s also an accessory for 2014-later Harley-Davidson Touring motorcycles equipped with a Boom! Box infotainment unit.
Key features of Harley-Davidson Audio powered by Rockford Fosgate include:
- R-Tune: Equalization is specific to the motorcycle environment, designed to be stronger and louder, to overcome road rumble and wind noise. Left and right speakers project sound directly at the rider for an enhanced audio experience.
- M-DEQ (Motorcycle Dynamic EQ): The smart amplifier adaptively changes the EQ points in real time. Therefore the tune changes to ensure incredible sound quality no matter the motorcycle speed or riding conditions.
- BME (Bass Management Enhancement): The active amplifier DSP (digital signal processing) continually adapts to speed and road noise and maximizes bass output to create powerful bass at any volume or speed.
- Bridge Mounted Design: The offset midrange and tweeter speaker design eliminates acoustic reflection and maximizes audio output. The specific left and right midrange and tweeter are also aligned for the optimal riding position. Audio is always directed to deliver ideal on-road audio experience.
- IDHS (Inductive Damping Heat Sink): The speaker fins push heat away from the voice coils reducing speaker temperature and distortion for the clearest-possible audio.
- Full Range Class-D Technology: High-efficiency amplifiers deliver more power with less electrical fatigue. They won’t over-draw on the motorcycle electrical system.
- ICC+: The Integrated Concealed Crossover boasts a hyper-efficient design. It also produces the clarity and output usually associated with in-home component speaker sets.
- The Harley-Davidson powered by Rockford Fosgate App: The app allows riders to easily and quickly install and fine-tune the system themselves. Also, app even adapts for each new speaker added to the audio system and tailors the audio experience automatically.
- Ease of Installation: A streamlined wiring harness, fewer required holes, and saddlebag location of no more than two amplifiers eases installation for the shop or the customer. No dealer software installation with a Digital Technical Tool is required. The app also programs and tests installation.
Stage I and Stage II Harley-Davidson Audio powered by Rockford Fosgate speakers fit perfectly in the original equipment speaker housing. Each kit is designed specifically for installation in the fairing, fairing lowers, Tour-Pak luggage, or saddlebag lids. Kit includes left and right speakers and custom grilles. Installation requires purchase of a speaker installation kit and amplifier with installation kit. Stage I and Stage II speakers may be combined in a single system. Harley-Davidson powered by Rockford Fosgate components feature a two-year limited warranty.
Stage I Speakers
These high-performance two-way speakers feature a durable injection-molded woofer and a separate bridge-mounted tweeter. Each speaker is rated to handle up to 75 watts of power. Additionally, with two amplifiers up to eight speakers can be installed in a single system. These speakers deliver a significant upgrade in sound quality and power over OEM components.
Stage II Speakers
Stage II speakers deliver ultra-clear highs, super-clean mids, and ground-thumping bass. These amplified three-way speakers feature a durable injection molded woofer and a separate bridge-mounted midrange and tweeter speakers. Each speaker unit is rated to handle up to 150 watts of power. With two amplifiers up to eight Stage II speakers can be installed in a single system.
Harley-Davidson Audio powered by Rockford Fosgate Amplifier
Powerful, intelligent amplifier technology has been engineered to perform in the demanding motorcycle environment. This new, compact amplifier (8.13″ x 5.39″ x 2.01″) is easy to install in the motorcycle saddlebag. A single amplifier can power two sets of Stage I or Stage II speakers. Power rating is 50 watts per channel x 4 @ 4ohms; 100 watts per channel x 4 @ 2ohms. Find killer audio for your custom motorcycle here. For more information on the latest Harley-Davidson bikes and upgrades, see their website.