LiveWire brings advanced design, technical innovation, and engineering expertise to urban riding and beyond, with the all-electric S2 Del Mar motorcycle. It’s the first LiveWire model featuring the new S2 ARROW architecture.
- The first 100 units will be built to order and serialized as Del Mar Launch Edition models. They can be reserved now at the electric motorcycle company’s website. Expected delivery aims for spring of 2023.
- UPDATE: The all-new LiveWire S2 Del Mar Launch Edition sold out its 100 reservation deposits in 18 minutes yesterday. Customers can still add their names to a wait list for the standard S2 Del Mar motorcycle expected to begin deliveries in Spring 2023.
- The 100 Del Mar Launch Edition models feature an exclusive finish and wheel design and an MSRP of $17,699.
- The production S2 Del Mar deliver immediately after the launch edition. Their target MSRP is $15,000 USD.
- The S2 Del Mar features a targeted output of 80 horsepower (59.6 kW), and less than 440 pounds of weight. It will deliver projected 0-to-60 mph times of 3.5 seconds or less.
- Del Mar range in city riding is targeted to be 100 miles.
“The S2 Del Mar model represents the next step in the evolution of the LiveWire brand,” said Jochen Zeitz, Chairman, President and CEO of Harley-Davidson. “The ARROW architecture underpinning the Del Mar, developed in-house at LiveWire Labs, demonstrates our ambition to lead in the EV space and establish LiveWire as the most desirable electric motorcycle brand in the world.”
Advanced LiveWire ARROW Architecture
LiveWire’s scalable ARROW architecture with proprietary battery, motor, charging, and control systems debuts on the Del Mar model. It was designed at LiveWire Labs in Mountain View, California. The ARROW architecture is intended to be modular and serves as the central component of the motorcycle chassis.
Del Mar offers a targeted output of 80 horsepower (59.6 kW), delivering projected 0-to-60 mph times of 3.5 seconds. City range is expected to be 100 miles. The Del Mar model weight target is 440 pounds or less.
Urban Street Tracker
Del Mar presents a street-tracker stance on 19-inch front and rear wheels. Its custom developed LiveWire Dunlop DT1 tires are equally capable on paved and dirt surfaces. The slim seat tops a short tail section. A tracker-style handlebar fronted by a thin flyscreen places the rider in an upright position for a comfortable and controlled riding experience.
Launch Edition Model
Only the 100 examples of the Del Mar Launch Edition models will be made. They will feature an exclusive finish and wheel design. The graphics and paint – in a choice of Jasper Gray or Comet Indigo – are applied by hand using a process that takesfive days to complete. The design employs an opposing-fade, representing and celebrating both the exciting and soulful experiences of riding LiveWire electric motorcycles. The 19-inch PCB cast-aluminum wheels evoke the framework found on printed circuit boards. The vaulted and tapered spoke design promotes lateral stiffness for enhanced handling performance, while also pushing the boundaries of casting technology.
The Del Mar Launch Edition model debuts with an MSRP of $17,699, while the production version is expected to launch with a target MSRP of $15,000 USD. Delivery of the Launch Edition and production versions of S2 Del Mar model are set for the spring of 2023. All LiveWire S2 Del Mar motorcycles will be assembled at Harley-Davidson Vehicle Operations in York, PA.
To learn more about the LiveWire S2 Del Mar Launch Edition motorcycle, go here.