Indian Motorcycle today announced its 2020 Thunder Stroke lineup, packed with a host of new features and benefits. In a nutshell, that means a Thunder Stroke 116 engine now available in select models, a completely redesigned Ride Command system, and the introduction of the aggressively-styled Roadmaster Dark Horse and redesigned Springfield Dark Horse.
For the first time in the company’s history, Indian Motorcycle will offer a 116 cubic-inch Thunder Stroke engine in select models. Straight from the factory, the new 116 cubic-inch air-cooled V-twin engine features a new high-flow cylinder head that delivers class-leading performance with 126 ft-lbs of torque. The Thunder Stroke 116 is now standard on the Springfield Dark Horse, Chieftain, Chieftain Dark Horse, Chieftain Limited, Chieftain Elite, Roadmaster and Roadmaster Dark Horse.
For 2020, Indian is also bringing you updates to their Ride Command system with Connected Services – a completely redesigned version of its infotainment system. Still measuring seven inches, with glove-touch technology, Ride Command now features a new quad-core processor to provide the fastest infotainment experience available. New connected features include traffic and weather overlays, so riders can plan their ride to avoid traffic and poor weather conditions. Or seek them out if you’re the sort of masochist who likes to up the difficulty level on a trip; but hey, you do you.
Additionally, Ride Command features intuitive destination search capabilities, and improved customizable ride screens. Indian boasts that Ride Command is the industry’s largest, fastest and most-customizable infotainment system on two wheels.
Drawing inspiration from the successful Chieftain Dark Horse, the Roadmaster Dark Horse brings a modern and aggressive attitude to Indian Motorcycle’s premium touring motorcycle. With blacked-out finishes and just enough chrome to stand out from the 2020 lineup, the Roadmaster Dark Horse features a streamlined fairing, slammed saddlebags, 19-inch front wheel with an open fender, an extended reach rogue gunfighter seat, blacked-out engine, and matte paint color schemes. Powering this mean touring machine is the Thunder Stroke 116, while premium touring amenities abound, including a touring trunk, lower fairings, heated grips and a mid-adjustable windscreen.
I loves me some Jack Daniels and apparently so do a lot of other people. Following “extremely positive rider feedback” from the 2020 Jack Daniel’s Limited Edition Indian Springfield Dark Horse that was launched at Daytona Bike Week, Indian Motorcycle is now offering a similar design package for the 2020 Springfield Dark Horse. The Thunder Stroke 116 delivers more grunt while slammed saddlebags, rogue seat, 12-inch mini apes, and premium blacked-out finishes give angry looks to match.
The Chieftain Elite keeps its throne as Indian’s ultra-premium bagger, combining style, technology, and performance into one very comfy package. The 2020 Chieftain Elite packs the Thunder Stroke 116 and Indian Motorcycle’s booming PowerBand Audio Plus system with integrated fairing and saddlebag speakers. PowerBand Audio produces sound that is 50% louder than Indian Motorcycle’s standard audio system. The 2020 Chieftain Elite’s premium styling includes a two-tone Thunder Black Vivid Crystal over Wildfire Candy paint with matching motor highlights and badging, precision machined elite wheels, pinnacle mirrors, select rider floorboards, and a flare windshield.
Furthermore, the complete 2020 Thunder Stroke lineup features additional updates. First, the Chief Dark Horse and Chief Vintage will now share the same chassis as the Springfield and Springfield Dark Horse. The result is improved handling and an adjustable rear suspension for both Chief models.
Secondly, the Springfield and Chief Dark Horse will each come standard with a 17-inch front wheel for improved stability. Lastly, the 2020 Roadmaster receives a lighter weight and redesigned trunk rack for added style.
Pricing and color options for each 2020 Thunder Stroke model is as follows:
- Chief Dark Horse, starting at $18,499: Thunder Black Smoke
- Chief Vintage, starting at $19,999: Thunder Black; Willow Green over Ivory Cream
- Springfield, starting at $20,999: Thunder Black; Burgundy Metallic over Titanium Metallic
- Springfield Dark Horse, starting at $22,499: Thunder Black Smoke; Sagebrush Smoke; White Smoke
- Chieftain, starting at $21,999: Thunder Black; Titanium Smoke (with Thunder Stroke 116)
- Chieftain Classic, starting at $25,499: Thunder Black; Deepwater Metallic over Dirt Track Tan
- Chieftain Dark Horse, starting at $27,999: Thunder Black Smoke; Ruby Smoke; Titanium Smoke
- Chieftain Limited, starting at $27,999: Thunder Black Pearl; Radar Blue; Thunder Black Pearl with graphics package
- Chieftain Elite, starting at $34,999: Thunder Black Vivid Crystal over Wildfire Red Candy
- Roadmaster Dark Horse, starting at $28,999: Thunder Black Smoke; White Smoke; Ruby Smoke
- Roadmaster, starting at $29,999: Thunder Black; Burgundy Metallic; Pearl White over Titanium Metallic with black pinstripe; Titanium Smoke over Thunder Black Smoke with silver pinstripe
We’ll be running information on the 2020 accessories later today. For more information, visit Indian’s website.